[Asterisk-Users] [Fwd: Asterisk Balancing solution]

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Thu Jun 30 07:22:59 MST 2005

Dear All,

 I am using Linux-High Availability between two Asterisk servers,
everything is fine but I do have one problem with
this, When a server fails and the other  assumes the ip address and
start asterisk on server 2, the ip phone must
re-register themselves again, otherwise the phones are dead.

 Does anyone have Ideas of how to overcome this.

I would love to see someone get this to work! My thoughts in the past
are to do a periodic "sip show peers" and save the data to the standby
server in a text file or to a mysql database.

The question then becomes how to re-register the peer manually, which I
am sure there is an answer for , but I do not have it.

If you ever get it working you should post!

Other things to consider - voicemail files, MWI status, etc. have you
been able to address these issues?