[Asterisk-Users] Trying to get *8 call pickup to work

Robert Woodcock rwoodcock at printinc.com
Thu Jun 30 07:12:34 MST 2005

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

I'd previously tried PickUP() but it'd always give me a 503 as well,
with this familiar error:

chan_sip.c:7402 handle_request: Nothing to pick up

Almost as if I still had pickupchan= defined in features.conf, but I did
make sure to comment that out and restart asterisk entirely before
putting PickUP() in extensions.conf.

app_intercept and app_pickupchan give similar and altogether very
interesting results. I put this in extensions.conf:

exten => _*8XXXX,1,PickUpChan(SIP/${EXTEN:2:4})

When I call in from a zap line to x1311, and on x1310 punch in *81311,
x1310 does answer the call. However, x1311 keeps ringing, even after I
hang up x1310! If I then try to answer x1311, it indicates busy.
I tried adding:

exten => _*8XXXX,2,Answer

But that doesn't do anything. Any ideas?