[Asterisk-Users] SIP NOTIFY message

Christian Hiller hiller at getcom.de
Thu Jun 30 06:28:27 MST 2005

Hello, i used sipsak to send the NOTIFY message:

sipsak -H 192.168.10.1 -f sip.txt -s sip:192.168.10.11 -vvvvv

asterisk listens on 192.168.10.1 and the phone with MWI is the 192.168.10.11

i send a couple of different messages to the phone but i always get back:

received ICMP packet (type: 3, code: 3): from 192.168.10.11

When reading out the log of the phone with ethereal i see something like:

type 3: destination unreachable
code 3: port unreachable
after that, the whole SIP messages gets repeated inside the ICMP packet

Any idea?

Christian