[Asterisk-Users] PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on Primary D-channel of span 1

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Thu Jun 30 03:47:27 MST 2005

Michael Blood wrote:
> I receive this error on the asterisk console and it is pretty much
> ALWAYS coming up.
> Sometimes there will be a break where it does not display.

This happens when Asterisk receives corrupt data from the card.  The
most common cause of this is some device or driver locking interrupts
for long enough to lose data coming in from the card.

Common causes of this are graphics, raid, etc.  If the problem only
happens when accessing the disk, then you may have to tune your IDE
settings using haparm (see google).  Some IDE chipsets simply don't work
with Digium cards because they lock interrupts for too long.  We had
this problem with a ServerWorks chipset.  The only solution was to
replace the motherboard with one from a different company.

--
Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120