[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail => SMS

Mark Charlton mcwebtree at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 02:55:43 MST 2005

Hi

I have been trying for a while to find a way to get an SMS send when I
receive a voicemail into my asterisk system.  I don't want to send an
SMS if the caller doesn't leave a message.  I have voicemail.conf set
up to email and delete.

302 => 302,Website Sales,sip at example.com,,attach=yes|delete=yes

However I can't seem to find a way to test is a message is left.  I
have tried AGI, DEADAGI but neither can pick up the info as it is
either not there when I test, or it is deleted before I test.  If I
turn off deletion i can do it, but the problem there is that if caller
1 rings and leaves a message, I can test for voicemail and send a SMS.
 If caller 2 rings and doesn't leave a message, when I test for
voicemail I get a positive, and so send an SMS, but its not a new VM
so I don't want notifying.

This was my last attempt before I gave up.

;exten => h,1,HasNewVoiceMail(30${dialed_extn})
;exten => h,2,goto(h,100)
;exten => h,102,DeadAGI(fastsms|4400000000000|Caller ${CALLERID} left
a new voice
 mail at ${DATETIME} on Sales extn ${dialed_extn}|Asterisk)
;exten => h,103,Hangup

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark