[Asterisk-Users] Problems with zaptel and voice prompts/voicemail

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Wed Jun 29 20:50:29 MST 2005

I've looked all around, and I can't find an answer to this.  I
apologize if this has been discussed already or is buried somewhere
in voip-info.org.

I have an asterisk setup on linux 2.6.11.11 kernel, a revision E/F
TDM400P, and Polycom IP501 phones.  As soon as I load the zaptel
module into the kernel, the voice prompts and voicemail system ceases
to work.  The asterisk logs say that the gsm files are being played,
but nothing comes out on the other end.  This is for both calls
coming in via our VoicePulse Connect lines, or when dialing locally
from our SIP phones.  As soon as I rmmod the zaptel driver, asterisk
acts just fine.

Thanks for any assistance the list may be able to provide.
--
Jeremy McDermond
Xenotropic Systems