[Asterisk-Users] Kind of Computer to use

Tomas Florian tflorian at telus.net
Wed Jun 29 18:57:34 MST 2005

I had a recent bad experience with Compaq with asterisk.  For some reason it
could not be forced to put my PCI cards on anything other than IRQ 11.  This
is a major problem because when all the cards (2 xnetwork,2x FXS) are active
and generate interrupts it chops up the sound quality.

I was trying to convince the bios to split it up for 2 days but then I gave
up.  Mind you, this is not a very powerful system at all so on a faster
machine it might not be a problem (it could just handle the interrupts fast
enough without making the sound choppy).  But I would think that no matter
how fast the machine is it's always better to have the IRQs split up and not
shared.  I never tried on dell yet ..

Tomas

  _____