[Asterisk-Users] Server hanging

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Wed Jun 29 17:08:30 MST 2005

I have a dedicated server running Asterisk to connect a geographically
seperated sales force of seven people. There is no Asterisk hardware in
the server, the connections only SIP and IAX.
The OS ia Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 5), the
phones are Polycom IP500 and IP600s.

In the past three days, the server has stopped connecting the phones and
the phones are not registerd. However, Asterisk is running and there is
nothing in the logs, I can access the CLI and when I run "sip show
peers" shows all the phones as registered. I have several Asterisk
installations and none of the others show this behavior. Stopping and
restarting Asterisk clears the problem.

I'm at a loss to explain it to the client, any ideas on how to solve this?

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com