[Asterisk-Users] Problems connecting to and from my Asterisk server :(

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:00:51 MST 2005

i cannot give you guarantee, but this is a shorewall rules file (
popular firewall )  that can give you a clue about what ports need to
be open for Asterisk

#ACTION  SOURCE         DEST            PROTO   DEST    SOURCE
ORIGINAL     RATE            USER
#                                               PORT    PORT(S)
DEST         LIMIT
# IAX2 Outgoing
ACCEPT  all     all                     tcp   4569
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   4569
# IAX2 Incoming
ACCEPT  all     all                     tcp   -         4569
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   -         4569
# IAX RTP ports
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   19000:20000
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   -         19000:20000
# External SIP phones Signaling (Imcoming and outgoing)
ACCEPT  all     all                     tcp   -         5060:5120
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   -         5060:5120
ACCEPT  all     all                     tcp   5060:5120
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   5060:5120
# External SIP phones RTP stream ports (Incoming and outgoing)
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   5000:5060
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   -         5000:5060
# IAX1  Outgoing
ACCEPT  all     all                     tcp   5036
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   5036
# IAX1  Incoming
ACCEPT  all     all                     tcp   -         5036
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   -         5036
# WWW access from server (To Configure Phones)
ACCEPT  all      all                     tcp   80
ACCEPT  all      all                     udp   80
# DNS and DHCP
ACCEPT  all     all                     tcp   53
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   53
# To access the firewall via SSH2 (Both internally, and externally)
ACCEPT  all     all                      tcp   22
ACCEPT  all     all                      udp   22
# PING accepting (To keep track of servers from the internet)
ACCEPT  net     fw                      icmp    -
# NTP server (Both to access it to update local, and to provide the
servie to clients inside and outside the local network)
ACCEPT  all     all                     tcp   123
ACCEPT  all     all                     udp   123
# DITSCC
ACCEPT  all     all                     tcp   3632
ACCEPT  all     all                     tcp   3632

The issue with the SIP phones may depend on your LAN configuration. In
fact, NAT can be the problem. SIP does not work very well out of the
box behind NAT, please make a search in google about "sip asterisk
nat" to find out some solutions.

best regards

"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"