[Asterisk-Users] Re: timeout on incoming PRI call

Günther Starnberger gst at sysfrog.org
Wed Jun 29 14:52:44 MST 2005

Alexander Lopez wrote:

Hello,

> I am not sure about E1 but it _should_ be the same. The Dialed Number
> is usually transferred in 'a whole block' as the Telco passing the
> call to you has already routed that call to you.  What type of switch
> are you connected to??  Could your switch be expecting a ACK of some
> sort from *?? Have you turned on debugging? (pri debug span 1).

when i do a "pri debug" i only see the incoming call after the delay.
in the debugging output i already see the "complete" number - so either
our 'upstream' isn't sending the call to us until some timeout happens
or the zaptel driver doesn't log before the timeoout.

on the other hand i just did some further tests: when i call from an
analog time the call-setup needs 10 seconds when i have a wildcard
entry in my extensions.conf, but only 5 seconds when i list each entry
individually (with the realtime config). at first i didn't notice this
as 5 seconds for the callsetup are still rather long when compared to
about 2 seconds for a call to another landline.

there is a 3 seconds delay hardcoded in the chan_zap.c source, but this
is only called if the number is ambiguous (which isn't the case here).
i'll check with our telco first how long they need for the forwarding of
the call before i continue blaming asterisk :)

cu
/gst