[Asterisk-Users] Equipment for small office setup

Tom Hayden thayden at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:04:37 MST 2005

For a small office setting, i've found the Polycom IP600 works great.
Our receptionist usually transfers 90% of her calls to about 5
employees, and the status (buddy watch) feature works great with *
(using hint).  She can see who is active at any given time.
Obviously, it's only limited to 5 max status lines, although the Buddy
List feature can show more.

--
Tom

On 6/29/05, Wilson Pickett <spamsucks2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1 Master phone for a receptionist. Is there an easy way at the moment for
> > one of these bigger phones (cisco or whatever) to view the status of the
> > various lines etc? Some phone with an expansion board maybe?
>
> Steve,
>
> Flash Operators Panel is a very good tool for a receptionist if they
> have a PC screen at their desk. I think it would be easier to see
> who's doing what on the phones with that than any SIP hardphone I've
> seen.

Tom