[Asterisk-Users] Setting Caller ID after Dial

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Wed Jun 29 10:37:34 MST 2005

Bryce Chidester wrote:
> The CallerID that is seen by others on calls originating from your  PRI
> is set by your PRI provider; you have no control from Asterisk  about
> this as it gets overridden by the provider. You must contact  your
> carrier and ask them to set the CallerID for all PRI lines to  the
> desired name/number.

Wrong!

Your carrier can allow you to set your own Caller*ID NUMBER.  Some
carriers do this by default, some on request, some refuse to do so.

Your carrier lets us set our Caller*ID NUMBER to anything we want.

The Caller*ID NAME you have no control over.  It will show up as
whatever name is associated with the number.

--
Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120