[Asterisk-Users] CAPI and Caller ID name not showing.

Christian Händel mail at chaend.de
Wed Jun 29 07:21:37 MST 2005

Hi,
if you are using the QSIG protocol  for the interconnection between
Asterisk and the PBX, I have maybe a solution.
for the X100P you are using Zapata driver of asterisk. (with the
switchtype QSIG right?)
But for the eicon you use the capi module?

"Caller Name" within QSIG is standardized as Calling Name Identification
Presentation (CNIP).
  CNIP is implemented in libpri/Zapata but not in the capi of asterisk.
that's because CNIP is not standardized in capi.

But we are lucky: Eicon has made some hacks in his capi driver, so it's
possible to use CNIP with Eicon-Capi.

I am writing at the moment on the implementation of Eicon-capi-CNIP for
asterisk. hopefully it will work...

Chris