[Asterisk-Users] Equipment for small office setup

Steve Foy steve-asterisk at narnian.org
Wed Jun 29 04:54:29 MST 2005

Hi there...

I've to setup an Asterisk system for a small office, I haven't done one of
these in at least a year and was wondering if someone could just let me know
what sort of phones are doing well these days.

It just needs 9 phones in the office, for general use, no fancy things
required for that, just accept calls, transfer calls etc.

1 Master phone for a receptionist. Is there an easy way at the moment for
one of these bigger phones (cisco or whatever) to view the status of the
various lines etc? Some phone with an expansion board maybe?

Finally, I'm still debating whether to use 2 analogue lines or 1 ISDN. 2
analogues would be cheaper I believe, what sort of ISDN card works well with
Asterisk?

Thanks for any help!

--
Steve Foy