[Asterisk-Users] App_conference in dial plan?

Mark Benson mark.benson at iqit.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 04:18:28 MST 2005

Hi all,

I've been trying to get meetme working for a while now (complie problems
- will probably try again later on another machine) but have given up
and started looking at alternatives.

I've managed to get app_conference compiled and installed - show modules
shows its there in asterisk, but I don't know how too actually use it in
the dial plan...

The info on voip-info doesn't explain its usage very well...

The dial plan example doesn't (to my mind anyway) specify an extention
to call for conferencing...

; Make as many of these contexts as you have seperate conference bridges
; change "conferencename" in each
[conf-conferencename]
exten => join,1,System(/opt/asterisk/bin/conference-announce
conferencename in)
exten => join,2,Conference(conferencename/S/1)

exten => h,1,System(/opt/asterisk/bin/conference-announce conferencename
out)

[confhelper]
; make one of these extensions per seperate conference bridge
exten => conf-conferencename,1,Conference(conferencename/S/1)

exten => in,1,Answer()
; if I use Playback here instead of BackGround, asterisk crashes
exten => in,2,BackGround(conf-announce)
exten => in,3,ResponseTimeout(5)
exten => in,4,Hangup()

exten => out,1,Answer()
exten => out,2,BackGround(conf-leave)
exten => out,3,ResponseTimeout(5)
exten => out,4,Hangup()

 how do I setup up app_conference to respond to an extention? Just a
real simple example to get me started would be appreciated...

I've tried a few things along the lines of the example meetme extention

ie exten => 901,1,app_conference(901||1234) or exten =>
901,1,cmd_conference(901||1234)

But I guess its expecting too much to think that this would fireup
app_conference

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Mark