[Asterisk-Users] cheap HFC card on Bristuff vs cheap HFC card on i4l vs Fritz ISDN BRI card on CAPI

Klaus-Peter Junghanns kpj at junghanns.net
Wed Jun 29 00:26:00 MST 2005

Howdy,

Am Dienstag, den 28.06.2005, 09:01 +0200 schrieb vdasilva:
> Hello
>
> I have asterisk running in Red Hat 9 with a cheap HFC card on i4l. I have
> choppy sound problems sometimes, and echo problems often. I am using a 2
> port Grandstream ATA, Grandstream BT and a Grandstream GPX-2000
>
> I read that changing to BriStuff will fix the echo problems, but have also
> read other users say that the only way they solved the echo/choppy sound
> problems was using a Fritz ISDN card with the CAPI drivers...

Yes, BRIstuff and the hfc-pci will provide echo cancelation. With the
Fritz card however you will NOT get echo cacnelation.

> I have tried using bristuff on RH9 but couldn't get my zaptel to compile...

Do you have _configured_ kernel sources installed? If you run a 2.6
kernel do you have the necessary scripts to build kernel modules (these
are built during the kernel compilation process)?

> Then there is the issue of timing, ztdummy or zaprtc....and QoS setup on the
> Linux box...
>
> Can anyone who has a 100% working Asterisk implementation using any of the
> techniques described above tell me more...
>
> I will happily upgrade to the Fritz card if it will solve all the
> problems...
>
> Thanks
> Vicente

best regards