[Asterisk-Users] Hop-On WIFI Phone MSRP $40

Cory Andrews Cory at VOIPSupply.com
Tue Jun 28 23:20:56 MST 2005

I have a lot of folks asking me about an auto-negotiating WLAN phone
supposedly being brought to market by Hop-On, which is touted to carry an
MSRP of $40  Press photos (stock art) of the device shows it looks almost
identical to devices from Zyxel and UTStarCom.

I am trying to explain to folks there is no way in hell you are going to be
able to buy these phones, hardware only, for $40  Hop-On's press releases
are somewhat ambiguous, but at this price point, they would have to bundle
the phone with a length service contract in order to subsidize the hardware
cost on the phone.

Anyone have any inside info regarding Hop-On?

Cory Andrews
Partner / Purchasing
VOIPSupply.com
454 Sonwil Drive