[Asterisk-Users] AMP/A@H (asterisk at home) custom incoming routing

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Tue Jun 28 21:46:38 MST 2005

Folks,

First off, this is messy, and I hope someone will be kind enough to
help me clean this up (the part added to extensions_additional.conf).
You've been warned!

For those of your using AMP or A at H, there has been a lot of talk
about how to route incoming calls to different places based on which
trunk is ringing. The standard answer is that you can only do this by
using DIDs, which is all fine and good, unless you are using a plain
old copper line that doesn't support DID. Anyhow, I have figured out
how to make a call that comes in on a specific ZAP channel ring at a
specific extension (not that it was brain surgery). I'm not certain
if it would be better to use the file extensions_custom.conf instead
of extensions_additional.conf, does anyone know?

I have an A at H box with an unused TDM11P card in it at home in my
basement. The A at H box normally handles incoming calls for my small
business, but I wanted to plug my home phone line into the FXO port,
and all of my phones into the FXS port (They're cordless, so no
worries about ringer equivalence, etc.). That way I can route
outgoing calls over VOIP, but my incoming calls will still ring my
home phones. The hitch with A at H was that AMP doesn't allow you to
differentiate between incoming calls from Broadvoice (or wherever)
and incoming calls on the FXO port. I wanted incoming calls on my
home line to ring to ring the extension associated with the FXS port
on my TDM card. All other incoming calls should still follow whatever
I set up in AMP, since that is how I control where my incoming
business calls go.

Here's what I did. I know that you aren't supposed to use the
extension "_." but that is the only way I got it to work. Please let
me know if there is a better way.

1.) Edit /etc/asterisk/zapata-channels.conf and change the context
for your incoming port to something new. I used "tdm-in".
2.) Edit pico /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf and add this
at the bottom:

[tdm-in]
exten => _.,1,Goto(ext-local,200,1)    ;
3.) If you haven't already, add the ZAP channel as a trunk in AMP so
you can make outgoing calls on this channel.

That's it,

Tom