[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with Lucent TNT echo

Jeremiah Millay jeremiah at rockriver.net
Tue Jun 28 14:49:41 MST 2005

I'm running SIP between my Lucent TNT acting as a gateway, and an
asterisk server. We have a PRI coming into the Lucent. Basically the
problem I'm having is mostly on inbound calls but some outbound calls as
well. I hear echo and sometimes some weird artifacting on calls coming
in from the lucent. Everything routed over IAX to VoIP Jet or Nufone
sounds fine. It seems like every 3 calls I get is a bad one.
Does anyone on the list run asterisk with this configuration? Does
anyone have any tips to solve this issue?
I've tried modifying the gains at the lucent, as well as turn off and on
jitter buffers on asterisk. Tweaking these seems to help but I'm looking
for something more solid. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Jeremiah