[Asterisk-Users] Hangup detection on Panasonic KXTD816

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Tue Jun 28 10:00:02 MST 2005

Hilton Williams wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a Digium TDM400 card with 4 FXO modules connected to the extension ports on a Panasonic KXTD816.  I'm using Asterisk at Home v1.0, which has Asterisk 1.07.
>
> There's a problem that Asterisk doesn't detect when the line is disconnected on the Panasonic.  The Panasonic doesn't provide polarity reversal or current drop or anything like that to indicate hangup. It just plays the dial tone again.

Correct.  When I have to interface with a PBX I use FXS ports on
Asterisk connected to the FXO/CO ports of the PBX.  This seems to
(mostly) work well, since PBXs tend to be MUCH better at figureing out
that a line is disconnected than Asterisk is.

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain