[Asterisk-Users] TDM400

Jared Armstrong jarmstrong at omnispear.com
Tue Jun 28 08:29:45 MST 2005

Hi,

I have an TDM400 4 FXO module setup on my dual Celeron server running
asterisk 1.0.2 and I have had to restart the asterisk process multiple
times lately. I was wondering if anyone else has to restart the asterisk
process after storms roll through their area. Before I restart I usually
have sound quality issues and weird pickup problems. But, once I restart
the asterisk process everything returns to normal operation. If this
continues I am going to have to write a CRON script that restarts
asterisk once each night, but I would prefer to avoid this.

Also, the system only has 256 megs of ram, and asterisk is using 200
megs of this. Could this perhaps be caused by a lack of memory? Or is
this just an issue with the TDM400?

Jared Armstrong