[Asterisk-Users] TDM card and voicemail volume

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Tue Jun 28 04:52:50 MST 2005

I was able to raise the volume from inaudible to acceptable by
increasing the RxGain in zapata.conf by 5db.  I'd rather not go the
uncomressed wav route, as it will chew up storage in my email system.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Rich
Adamson
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 11:25 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] TDM card and voicemail volume

> I saw some conversation about this in the archives, but nothing
> definitive.
>
> If a call comes in over a CO line via the TDM400P, the Comedian Mail
> recording volume is so low it's inaudible.  Calls coming in via SIP or

> IAX do not have this problem.
>
> Does anyone have any information on this issue?

Its still a problem. It seems the greater the distance from the Central
Office, the greater the problem (due to the cable loss to the Central
Office plus the problem with the TDM card).

Part of the problem is there are very few people that understand zaptel,
wctdm, drivers, hardware (chipsets) and transmission engineering.
Actually, there is only one person and he is now very busy doing other
things that are apparently more important.

As someone else mentioned, changing to wav format improves the levels a
little bit, but its certainly not a fix. There are no known work
arounds.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: