[Asterisk-Users] Eicon equipment, BRI Server or PRI?

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Mon Jun 27 22:51:43 MST 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 gw at adcomcorp.com wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I am once again wondering about EICON.  I have had no success with the
> Diva Pro or Diva Pro PCI, so my question is, does anyone use an Eicon
> Server BRI card on Asterisk?  Or would I be better off trying to get a
> split PRI?

The 'Pro' versions of Diva card is a so called 'semiactive' card and is not
supported. (Maybe Eicon provides binary-only drivers for that cards).

The 'Server' cards including BRI is fully supported. You can either use the
in-kernel drivers from melware.net or the source-level-RPM from Eicon.
Both provides the CAPI interface which will be used for Asterisk with
chan_capi (search on sourceforge).

Armin