[Asterisk-Users] Shoutcast Music On Hold problems?

hank hanksmith5 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 22:51:26 MST 2005

hello I followed the info given and I can't seem to get this to work has any one sucessfully done this? if so can you help me out?  I am trying to use a 128 kbps mp3 feed to stream to people while there on hold the info I am using is below.
Shoutcast Music On Hold

You can have asterisk use a streaming source for on-hold music.

Make a directory and put a 0 size file ending in .mp3.
I called my directory: /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3-empty

in musiconhold.conf, add a line such as:
default => mp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3-empty,http://www.waixwave.com:8000/

thanks
hank