[Asterisk-Users] Re: teliax [Was: LiveVoip is Bankrupt]

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jun 27 20:44:29 MST 2005

> > http://www.nufone.net.  I've been using them for the past 18 months with zero
> > technical hassle.  Jerjer and Shido6 hang out on IRC.  Nufone is not a "hand
> > holding" VOIP provider.  You are expected to have some clue.  This has turned
> > away a number of people but as I said, they Just Work.
>
> So I've heard three recommendations for people coming from LiveVOIP:
> nufone, teliax, and voxee.  Nufone and teliax both are at $0.02/min and
> voxee is at $0.011/min.  No monthly fee plans are available from both.
>
> I recall hearing of troubles with Nufone support awhile back.  Have
> those been resolved?
>
> For someone that places outbound calls only, in a fairly low volume, is
> there a recommendation for which one would be best for me?

It's probably a $2 decision. Just pick one or two and try them.

There are a fair number of people on this list (including myself) that
stay current with multiple itsp's. Every itsp is going to have a problem
now and then, so keeping a couple around isn't a bad approach even for
a home or soho system.