[Asterisk-Users] Chan_Woomera beta released at www.pbxfreeware.org

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Mon Jun 27 17:46:36 MST 2005

> Yes, I've tries. I found a tarball with an implementation of
> chan_woomra
> and a document that specifies how woomra behaves. Basically nothing,
> though, about what it is good for. Nor is there a link to any server
> implementing it.

The server that compiles and builds during make is the woomera
process it can speak h323 to anything else that can speak it. It just
happens to speak woomera from asterisk to the woomera process.  You
don't have to have something else that speaks woomera to make it
work.. just the woomera process that can apready speak h323.

> Moves, rather than removes.

It removes it from asterisk and moves it to the woomera process which
does it well.

> I tend to suspect that everything that comes from the house of
> openh323
> will be overabstracting. That is the nice communication library that
> depends on practically any graphic library on my system (aalib
> included)
> to build? Not to mention having the wrong license, patent-wise.

It compiles fine on my system without fail as has it on many other
systems.  H323 gets a bad name and I don't really know why.

Keep an eye out it will become very clear if you set it up and just try!

/b