[Asterisk-Users] TDM card and voicemail volume

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Mon Jun 27 17:15:04 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Monday 27 June 2005 14:26, David Brodbeck wrote:
>
>>There was a bug filed about this.  It was marked as a wontfix, as I recall,
>>because no one would step forward with code or $$$.
>

> Were either of those the actual reason given in the bug?  Honestly, is it
> asshole day today or something?
>
> -A.

Here is the text of the last 2 bug comments by MikeJ (who I would assume
closed the bug).

------------------- snip 1 ---------------------------
Ok, somone put up a bounty for this or get a patch on here or there is
really no point it keeping this open. Adding the code to raise the
record volume on the other couple formats should be easy enough. Are we
also seeing another issue here than the difference between the different
formats still?

------------------- snip 2 ---------------------------
Ok, it seems no one is interested enough in this to fund the work. If
anyone wants this to get resolved, please create a bounty on the wiki or
contact an asterisk consultant to perform the work. This may be
re-opened when there is a patch to review.

David's explanation was exactly right.  Andrew, when
you checked the bug comments and saw this, did you come to a different
conclusion?  Do you agree that a bug isn't a bug anymore just because
nobody puts up a bounty to fix it?  It seems a little more unreasonable
to me that this would be the case as it was mostly reported as occuring
with the supported product we paid for from Digium (the TDM400P), in
part to support their continued development of Asterisk.

Steve