[Asterisk-Users] Chan_Woomera beta released at www.pbxfreeware.org

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Mon Jun 27 13:44:34 MST 2005

Considering the fact that chan_woomera WORKS!  Have you taken the
time to learn what woomera is and how it works?  If not you shouldn't
comment on it.

Woomera abstracts the complexities of h323(or other protocols) into
the woomera process which is totally external to asterisk which means
less complexity inside of asterisk thus it works better.
chan_woomera speaks exactly one codec, signed linear.  The external
woomera process takes care of the rest.  Right now woomera (the
server daemon) speaks h323 right now.  Soon that will change and will
soon know how to speak SIP and maybe IAX2.  But to chan_woomera they
all look the same, act the same and have no differences in how they
operate.  This removes a lot of the complexities of the protocols.

/b
---
Anakin: “You’re either with me, or you’re my enemy.”
Obi-Wan: “Only a Sith could be an absolutist.”