[Asterisk-Users] PSTN IAX Connections / Line Banks

Matthew H. Franz matthew.franz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:42:42 MST 2005

I was wondering two things:

I am running Asterisk Current Stable.  Is there a way in Asterisk or using
other equipment or through the TelCO that I can make a channel bank such
that say I have 3 Phone number either with the use of FXO Cards or by using
3 connections via IAX to a service that could then provide PSTN connectivity
where when Line 1 is called the call is then switched and held on line 2 or
3 such that Line 1 phone number is always free to receive calls.

Secondly, does anyone know if there is a PSTN server provider that I can
connect to via IAX protocol so I don't have to use a FXO device (I think
this will provide better QoS) and also that has no service fee. I just want
to pay by the minute because it is going to be a FAX line only. However it
needs to have a number such that it can do both incoming and outgoing calls.

Please get back to me if anyone knows anything thanks!

Matthew H. Franz

matthew.franz at gmail.com