[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Cisco CallManager Integration

Vamsi Pottangi vamsipottangi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 22:46:49 MST 2005

The below worked for me to integrate with CCM.

pwlib-v1_6_6
openh323-v1_13_5
asterisk-oh323-0.7.1

The only change I made was
  Remove the line 433 (:protected) in  /usr/src/openh323/include/gkserver.h
  else you would get the below error during compilation
  /usr/src/openh323/include/gkserver.h:434: error: `virtual
  H323Transaction::Response H323GatekeeperRRQ::OnHandlePDU()' is protected

Steps to follow:
-----------------------
To enable H323 for inter-op with Cisco Call Manager (H.323)
  cp pwlib-v1_6_6-src.tar.gz openh323-v1_13_5-src.tar.gz
     asterisk-oh323-0.7.1.tar.gz /usr/src/
  cd /usr/src
  tar zxf pwlib-v1_6_6-src.tar.gz
  tar zxf openh323-v1_13_5-src.tar.gz
  tar zxf asterisk-oh323-0.7.1.tar.gz
  Set Environment variables
  PWLIBDIR=/usr/src/pwlib
  OPENH323DIR=/usr/src/openh323
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/src/pwlib/lib:/usr/src/openh323/lib
  cd /usr/src/pwlib
  ./configure
  make opt
  cd /usr/src/openh323
  ./configure
  Remove the line 433 (:protected) in  /usr/src/openh323/include/gkserver.h
  else you would get the below error during compilation
  /usr/src/openh323/include/gkserver.h:434: error: `virtual
  H323Transaction::Response H323GatekeeperRRQ::OnHandlePDU()' is protected
  make opt
  cd /usr/src/asterisk-oh323-0.7.1
  Edit makefile and set the paths/options according to your system.

  Type "make" to build the oh323wrap library and the
  ASTERISK OH323 channel driver.

  If compiling fails, then change the makefile to reflect the below
CPPFLAGS=$(OPENH323FLAGS) -DP_USE_PRAGMA -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections
-D_REENTRANT -Wall -fPIC -I/usr/src/pwlib/include -DPTRACING
-I/usr/src/openh323/include -DHAS_OSS  -Wall -x c++ -Os

  Type "make install" to install the binaries. This will also
  install a sample configuration file, if there isn't one.
  Next, add to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH the path where the oh323wrap
  library was installed (or edit your /etc/ld.so.conf file, add
  the library path, and run "ldconfig").

Thanks,
~Vamsi