[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 'losing' upstream provider registration state during small network outages.

Marie asteriskdump at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 19:11:42 MST 2005

I'm running 1.0.6 and my registrations to VoipJet survive network outages.

Not sure if it's the old version of Asterisk (before this change you
speak of maybe?) or just some strange variation of "network outage".

I often disconnect my connection (beyond the router) just to move
cables and such, or to "reboot" the modem if my connection gets wonky.

Asterisk always reregisters once the connection is backup quickly
enough that I've never noticed it not doing it.

I haven't rebooted or done any sort of "reload" on this particular box
in at least 2 months -- and I've had quite a few random network
outages in that time.

Sorry I have no advice, but I thought I'd share that it seems to be
doing what you want by default in my version.