[Asterisk-Users] * fax reliability between ISDN PRI and FXS ports

cguy at bigpond.net.au cguy at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 26 02:36:49 MST 2005

I plug my fax machine into a Grandstream ATA286 (No T.38).  Works fine for me and has done for the last year.  I can send and receive 40 page faxes without issue.  The ATA286 is located on the same LAN as the Asterisk.

Craig

---- Andres Maduro <andres at iconos.com.ve> wrote:
> Hi,

I am building for a customer an * solution that will use 2 Digium cards.

1 x TE110P (T1 ISDN PRI)

1 x TDM40B (4 analog ports, 2 for faxes, 2 for extensions)

The system will be connected to the PSTN through the T1 ISDN PRI interface.

All customer extensions will be SIP phones except 2 fax machines that will

use the analog FXS ports on the TDM40B card.

I have been investigating on this list and found that faxing is not reliable

between Zaptel cards and that Digium does not support nor recommend fax over

the TDMXXB interfaces.

Is this true ?  Will fax not be reliable enough for my customer ?

Will it be better to use Audiocodes digital and analog gateway (ATA) with

T.38 capabilities ?

Thanks in advance,

                Andres Maduro