[Asterisk-Users] OH323, RxFax and codecs

Filipe Murias murias at invictasoft.pt
Sat Jun 25 05:18:54 MST 2005

Hi list!

I am able to successfully receive faxes with RxFax using OH323 (0.6.5)
channels and G.711. On the other side I have a Quintum CMS.

However, I don't know how to force the codec before I answer the calls,
i.e., I would like to answer the voice calls with G.729 and the fax calls
with G.711. Is there any way to do this on Asterisk's side ? Is there
something similar to SetGlobalVar(OH323_OUTCODEC=g729) for *incoming* calls
?
I have different number ranges for voice and fax calls. Therefore I don't
need fax detection. I just need a way to force the codec before I answer the
calls.

Thank you,

Filipe Múrias