[Asterisk-Users] Tellabs Echo Canceller

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Fri Jun 24 13:17:37 MST 2005

I am getting ready to experiment with the Tellabs 2752 echo canceller.  I have a 255D shelf (and power supply), but am struggling a little on connecting the echo canceller to a PRI.

The shelf has 4 25-pair amphenol connectors.  The two on the line side are marked "Receive In" and "Send Out".   The 2 connectors on the drop side are marked "Send In" and "Receive Out". I will be connecting the echo canceller between a PRI and our asterisk box.  We recieve our PRI on an RJ-45 jack, so I assume I will need to make a cable that connects the "Receive Tip/Ring" pair from a Cat5 and wire it to pins 1 & 26 on the "Receive In" connector and take the "Send Tip/Ring" pair and wire them to pins 1&26 on the "Send Out".  The same thing will need to be done for the 2 drop side amphenol connectors so that I can plug an RJ-45 connector in to our Asterisk box.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the easiest way to do this?  I will make my own cables/connectors if necessary, but I suspect there are already adapters out and I just don't know where to look.  I'd love some suggestions on the best pieces to use if I do have to make it myself too.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Eric