[Asterisk-Users] Set global variables without extension..

chouck chouck at 800goquick.com
Fri Jun 24 11:05:45 MST 2005

Is it at all possible to set a Global Variable freely whenever a context gets used without having to enter an extension priority to use SetGlobalVar?  This is really limiting the dialplan for me.  Heres an example of what I would like to be able to do.

[globals]
AREACODE=

[local]
exten=_NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${AREACODE}${EXTEN}/blah)

[anyoldcontext1]
AREACODE=313
include=local

[anyoldcontext2]
AREACODE=810
include=local

so then sip accounts would point towards either anyoldcontext1 or anyoldcontext2 and depending on what is set in sip.conf for a context depends on what their area code the sip account would use.  Anyone have any ideas?  I suppose my last resort will be to modify the source but an simple alternative would be nice.  Thanks a lot

-Chad