[Asterisk-Users] INBAND DTMF G729 ASTERISK

Michael D Schelin mike at shelcomm.com
Fri Jun 24 10:55:56 MST 2005

Hello, I'm not sure about Asterisk and in band DTMF without careful
reading, but i do know that most ATA's and soft phones all have in band
capabilities if set. G729 may not pass in band DTMF correctly all the
time,in fact it's very poor and this is the reason for out of band. I
think from reading the rest of the comments on the this post that you
may have to look closer at encryption to keep all eyes from sniffing out
the pins. I understand why you wouldn't want to slow down VoIP any more
than you have to but customer security is more important.