[Asterisk-Users] Distinctive Ring for Agents (Was: Re: Asterisk 1.0.8)

alan alan at pair.com
Fri Jun 24 09:33:09 MST 2005

Russell Bryant wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Version 1.0.8 has been released of Asterisk, Asterisk-addons, Zaptel,
> and Libpri.  This release contains a significant amount of bug fixes
> (possibly the most of the 1.0.X releases).  Tarballs are available on
> the asterisk web site as well as the asterisk ftp server.

Thanks!  I appreciate the effort you put into these releases.
I've upgraded from 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 and have had no problems so far.

I was happy to see that the "distinctive rings for queues" bug was
patched in this version.

However, I have a related question about distinctive rings for agents,
and I'm not sure whether it's a bug or "working as intended."

Currently, if I setvar(ALERT_INFO...) for the purposes of setting up a
SIP distinctive ring, and then dial an agent extension, the ALERT_INFO
variable does not make it to the SIP channel which the agent is logged
in on. When I added debugging to the extension chan_agent is dialing,
the ALERT_INFO didn't even make it that far.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? Is there any known way around
this problem?

My goal is to have an agent who is a member of two queues, hear a
different ring depending on what queue the call is coming from. (Yes,
I'm aware of the queue announcement, and I intend to use it. But this is
another requested feature which I'd like to implement if it's feasible.)

Thanks,

Alan Ferrency
pair Networks, Inc.
alan at pair.com