[Asterisk-Users] realtime sip confusion

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 09:14:48 MST 2005

> > Chris
>
> Seems to me that your UA is sending that number as its SIP Username.
>
> You can look in /var/log/asterisk/debug for lots of RealTime info if
> using res_config_mysql.

This was an incoming call via a DID.  I can call from any phone and
the query is always on the callerid.  Part of my problem is I'm
completely guessing on how sip realtime works, there is absolutely
nothing I can find that say's 'this is what sip realtime does in a
user/peer/friend context'.

Also there is a bug where if a context has a dash, realtime splits the
string on the dash and does two queries.  I don't know why it's
picking up the context's in the first place since I don't understand
the logic.  I do know that I have a couple of unique context names
such as 'from-teliax' or 'voicepulse-out', and in mysql I see realtime
making queries like the following:

SELECT * from sip where name = 'from'
SELECt * from sip where name = 'teliax'

Chris