[Asterisk-Users] INBAND DTMF G729 ASTERISK

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jun 24 08:10:50 MST 2005

On Friday 24 June 2005 11:02, denis at isolve.com.br wrote:
> We are on a real world... Every cyber cafe has its own little
> hacker/cracker that is sniffing out... A simple ethereal capture could
> give me a bank pin number... It is REALLY trivial!

And this is different exactly HOW with inband DTMF??  They can do the EXACT
same thing!  If you want security don't use VOIP unless it's encrypted and/or
over a VPN.  It's really that simple.

Please don't lecture me on "the real world" because while it's obvious that
you are intelligent, you are also a little naive as to the application and
difficulty level of sniffing VOIP traffic.

-A.