[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk server with remote monitoring capabilities

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu Jun 23 17:16:17 MST 2005

If you want very secure way of login-in and rebooting - install Freesco
firewall on any 486-machine with floppy drive and two network cards.
Install port knocking on a Freesco firewall floppy (if you want absolute
security)
enable ssh and you are set.
Port knocking will enable you to open the ssh port (only the machine
that issue successful knock will be able to log-in via ssh, so I
consider it secure.
ssh to root and reboot the machine from console.

Maybe you don't need to reboot just restart the asterisk, any how you
can check the status when you log-in as root and do what is needed.

--
#Joseph

[snip]