[Asterisk-Users] Management: Reload performace & Realtimeperformance ?

Rene Ott rene.ott at ososoft.de
Thu Jun 23 13:10:10 MST 2005

It is hard to describe a usage pattern cause I don't have a concrete one.
The questions are meant in a more general way which management technique is
better scalable.

An example for a GUI using the

DBwrite ---> read db with perl and write new conf files ---> reload

process is the Asterisk Management Portal. It uses MySQL. Lets say it is
used in a company and the 1000 clients consist mostly of SIP clients and
some FAXes, and some ISDN phones.
And I am asking myself if it is able to manage the lots of clients in a good
way (means one doesn't have to invest in lots of hardware to handle the
load). Or maybe it is better to use the realtime technique ?

René