[Asterisk-Users] Pls Hlp - Sendmail handoff / relay to cable

Paul paul at siliconvp.com
Thu Jun 23 12:14:40 MST 2005

Could anyone help me with the line / configuration for sendmail?  I was able
to see the messages stuck in the queue (mailq) and found some information
about changing the SMART_HOST.  I changed the smart host to my supplier who
blocks port 25 (mail.optonline.net). The mail attempts to go but gets
rejected as DNS error - server not found.  I normally do not need
authentication on the outgoing server from my accounts in outlook.  I
believe the problem is with the reverse lookup of Asterisk.local.

Does anyone know what lines are needed in what file to tell my cable company
the correct information - like 123 at 123.com rather than xxx at asterisk.local?

Thanks everyone.....