[Asterisk-Users] Connecting extern telephones,

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Jun 23 09:07:42 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 00:46 +0200, satchid wrote:
> Dear List members,
> I have an asterisk box whereon 45 GXP-2000 telephones from Grandstream are
> connected at my work. This works fine.
> Now I want to take 5 GXP-2000s to different homes on internet and want them
> to be part of the same internal telephone system. One external GXP-2000 is
> to be the night receptionist that should be able to transfer calls to any
> other of our extentions internally or externally.
> Then also I have 20 WIFI Handsets (F1000 Utstarcom) that work well on the
> local Wifi stations, but they have to work on free AP al over the world as
> well as internally as part of the local telephone system.
>
> What are my options to get these working for me? How can I get them
> communicating to each other.
>
> I hope that I gave the needed information, Please ask for more if needed.

	I really think you should read the documentation for Asterisk.  The
only requirement to connect a phone from outside your network is that
the IP address of the * server is accessible from the Internet.  You can
either have a public IP for your server or use a DMZ if you are behind a
NAT router.  You only have to configure the phones with the correct IP
address and they operate exactly the same as the internal phones.

	The only thing you should consider is using voice compression to save
bandwidth.  Maybe buy a few G.729 licenses or at least use G726-32.

Telecomunicaciones Abiertas de Mexico
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnologia
+52-55-91169161 Ext. 2001