[Asterisk-Users] combining calls from 2 queues

Johann johann.hoehn at ecommerce.com
Thu Jun 23 07:53:53 MST 2005

My company is facing a similar situation.  The agents/queue system in
Asterisk 1.0.x is badly designed to meet such needs.  Temporary I am
working around the problem by giving each employee that answers a call
one AgentID.  I then set them up as callback agents.  They are then
members of both queues.  This will at least prevent the brain dead ACD
from sending them multiple calls for each queue.  The distributing
strategies however only look at their status with the current queue.
There are issues with the wrapuptime as well and possibly some race
conditions.  The users have reported some odd behavior that I haven't
been able to exactly duplicate(ie some agents waiting minutes to get a
call that is on hold while they are available).

For example, using leastrecent for both queues.  An agent that answers
multiple back to back calls for the helpdesk queue does not get credit
for it, when determining who least recently answered the incoming isp
queue call.  At least if they are on a call from the helpdesk queue,
they will not get a isp queue call.

The agentcallbacklogin() unforuantely hangs up once they login so you
are stuck with the keeping them all as static agents on both queues or
attempting to build a menu that will allow them to add/remove themselves
dynamically from each queue.  They would still require at least 3
logins(agent login, agent logout, and queue management menu).

Message me off list for further details.  We may be able to work
together to come up with a workaround that would serve both are needs
better.

--johann