[Asterisk-Users] Re: combining calls from 2 queues

alan alan at pair.com
Thu Jun 23 07:03:14 MST 2005

rkb at i.frys.com wrote:

> We have 1 queue called helpdesk and are setting up a second one called isp.
> The helpdesk queue is for internal support calls and isp for our ISP customer
> calls.  Both of these queues will be directed to the same agents (helpdesk
> phone extensions).
>
> We want to have the separate queues for tracking purposes but the queued calls
> need to be ordered and answered as if there was only one queue.  For example,
> if there are 3 calls in the helpdesk queue and 1 call in the isp queue, if a
> new call comes in, no matter which queue, it should be 5th in the queue.

I am not sure if exactly what you want to do is possible. However, you
may be able to get both the tracking you need and the queue control
you need. If you use a single queue, but use the CDR Account Code to
store the "helpdesk" or "isp" designation, then you can get most of
what you want.

I don't think account code shows up in the queue log, so if you're using
queue logs for tracking, then this might not work for you.

Alan