[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk @ Home setup & Doc

Paul paul at siliconvp.com
Thu Jun 23 06:40:32 MST 2005

As a newbie to Asterisk, I'm in love.

There is no information discussing the way to use the FTP program vsftpd
which is need for phone configurations.  So far I've been able to add a user
with useradd and add that user to the VSFTPD.USER_LIST and now I can FTP to
my Asterisk at home server but need the layout to configure both Polycom phones
and Cisco phones if anyone can help?

Is there any way an outlook client from an XP station can use their contact
list to dial the phone.  I read in other posts that there is a way to force
a phone off hook and dial or dial and direct it to the phone, but can this
be integrated with MS outlook?

Can anyone direct me to samples of how to reconfigure the panel for operator
use as well as just regular desktop use (removing trunks, queues..)?

I have heard that Polycom phones have a problem with Asterisk - any truth to
this?

Thanks