[Asterisk-Users] Routing calls by trunk?

Rick db_nz at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jun 23 00:07:04 MST 2005

I am running *@Home and have a digium tdm04b (4 fxo)

The problem we have is we have 3 incoming pstn lines that step down from
the telco, then a spare line and a fax line. The office is now looking
to add a second 0800 (free dial in NZ) to terminate to the spare line
and the fax line. However we need to route the calls to two separate
locations in the office.

I tried to 'fake' the callerid to route by that in zaptel-auto.conf by
setting callerid="" <number here> then routing the number that way. And
that worked perfectly until I did a reboot and then it wouldn't even
ring extentions properly.

Is there any way to route via the zap line or setting up some other fake
callerid or fake did route or something to get around this problem? Or
do we have to get a ISDN line and a fxs card?