[Asterisk-Users] DMS-500 CID NAME Problem

JR Richardson jr.richardson at cox.net
Wed Jun 22 19:17:59 MST 2005

Hi All,

Sorry for the double post, but I'm in a real bind.

I have several * servers connected to T1 PRI's from various service
providers in multiple locations the US.  All the * servers use the same
hardware with the same OS and * version CVS-v1-0-11/09/04-12:27:27.  When
connected to 5ESS Switches, using the NI2 (national) PRI protocol, the CID
name and number come across fine and populate into the * CDR fine.  I
connected to a DMS-500, NI2 (national) protocol and the CID name doesn't get
populated in the * CDR.  The only variance in the PRI debug outputs is this,
from Asterisk debug when connected to the DMS switch:

Jun  9 16:41:15 WARNING[30369]: chan_zap.c:7133 zt_pri_error: PRI: !!
Facility message shorter than 14 bytes

Facility (len=12, codeset=0) [ 0x9f, 0x8b, 0x01, 0x00, 0xa1, 0x01, 'H',
0x02, 0x01, 0x02 ]

Can someone explain what len=12 means?  On all the good results from the
other switches, the len=23 or greater.

The interesting part is that the CID name does come into the * server and is
forwarded to the destination phone, the CID name and number does come across
from the service provider.

I'm thinking there is something particular with this DMS-500 causing this.
Is there a special terminating setting I can throw into Zapata.conf to
compensate for this short facility error?

I was able to test with another DMS-500 with no problems, so I don't think
it's a Nortel issue, I believe it to be a configuration problem on the
serving switch PRI or possibly farther upstream in how they are gleaning the
CID info from the SS7 stream.

I can send full debug outputs from both working and non-working servers if
needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JR