[Asterisk-Users] indexing tables for dialing

Ipek Zivane ipekziv at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:49:41 MST 2005

Hello

I would like to know how can I manage to implement a table which translates
an extension number into a phone number. Let see an example:

If I dial an extension like 3021, Asterisk  has  to Dial an agent (our
employees) located at San Francisco  using the following telephone number:
415 541 XXXX. If it does not work we can also use his/her mobile number.

We need to manage more than 180 agents nationwide so I would like to use a
table or data base to translate a large number of agent's telephones.

The table looks like this:

EXT        PHONE1        PHONE2       PHONE3

3021      4155XXXX   415YYYYY   510XXXXX
2130      415ZZZZZ    510LLLLL
3060      510XXXXX   XXXXXXX
nnnn
.