[Asterisk-Users] Setup suggestions/ideas

jamesm jamesm at bestweb.net
Wed Jun 22 14:41:29 MST 2005

    I am trying to figure out a safe way to do 911 service. I would like
to have all my SIP phones register with a remote
Asterisk server and use it for inbound/outbound calls.  However when
that server is no longer available or someone dials
911, i would like the SIP phones to fail over/use a local Asterisk
server which will use the PSTN to call out.  Does anyone have
any ideas on how to make this work. Perhaps this can be accomplished by
using a SIP proxy such as SER?